This is a standard widget like others to show your most popular posts with featured image based on views of your post. Put it in any of your widget area from your WordPress dashboard and the it will automatically show 5 most popular posts which will be visited most after the activation of the widget.So, after activation of the widget, visit a post of your website and see, it will show below the popular post title.
- Unzip ‘new-popular-posts-widget.zip’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory or add it by ‘Add new’ in the Plugins menu.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu.
- You can see the New Popular post Widget in the widget section ‘Appearance > widgets’.
/// Using The WordPress Plugin Dashboard
- Go to the ‘Add New’ in the plugins dashboard
- Search for ‘New Popular Posts Widget’
- Click Install Now button
- Then click Activate Plugin button
- You can see the New Popular Post Widget in the widget section ‘Appearance > widgets’.
/// Using FTP
- Download the ZIP file from WordPress website
- Extract the new-popular-posts-widget.zip directory to your computer
- Upload the new-popular-posts-widget directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin in the Plugin dashboard
- You can see the Popular New Popular Post Widget in the widget section ‘Appearance > widgets’.
Now put it into any widget area and set the widget are title then save. Now visit a post in your website, then it will show below the widget title you saved from the dashboard. Thus 5 most popular posts will show after visiting them.
- How to get the most recent version of the plugin?
You will find update notification in your wordpress admin panel.
- How to use this plugin?
See the description and also you can see the description over the Frequently Asked Questions.
Contributors & Developers
“New Popular Posts Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release.