Simple Popular Posts is a plugin that creates a widget for you to put on your sidebar. The widget shows the most popular posts on your blog, based on the number of comments.
It is a very simple and basic plugin. It only has 3 options:
— the widget title
— the number of posts you want to show
— whether you want to show the number of comments or not
Based on the Most Popular Posts plugin by Wes Goodhoofd (http://www.wesg.ca/2008/08/wordpress-widget-most-popular/)
- Upload the folder simple-popular-posts to your WordPress plugin directory.
- Activate the plugin from the plugin panel.
- Go to your widget setting page.
- Drag the Simple Popular Posts widget to your sidebar.
- You can customize the widget.
Usually, a wordpress theme uses the
h3> tag to display the widget title, but to match your theme’s design you can edit the tag on line 32 in the plugin’s php file
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Popular Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* Initial release